Kimeery (Xiamen) Intelligent Technology Co.,Ltd
Contact person: Nick Lin
ADD:2nd floor,Building 32,Building materials Park,Industrial concentration area,Tongan District,Xiamen,China
Under the background of the increasingly popular application of mature barcode technology in various logistics categories, some IT and supply chain leaders have raised their doubts and debates on the development and application prospects of RFID (Radio Frequency Label) automatic identification technology. Conceptual blueprint for EPC technology (electronic product code) and Internet of Things. So, what is the relationship between EPC and RFID? Does EPC replace bar codes? These problems make the industry and logistics information technology users confused and confused, and urgently need a scientific analysis and logical explanation.
The generation and characteristics analysis of EPC concepts and technologies
1 Limitations of Barcode Identification Technology and RFID Identification Technology and Its Advantages
1.1 Limitations of Barcode Identification Technology
Although the bar code is widely used in the present, it also greatly improves the efficiency of logistics. But barcodes still have a lot of drawbacks:
(1) Bar codes can only identify one type of product, but cannot identify a single item.
(2) Bar code is a visual propagation technique. That is, the scanner must "see" the bar code to read it, indicating that it is usually necessary to align the bar code with the scanner.
(3) If the bar with the bar code is torn, stained or peeled off, it is impossible to scan these items.
(4) The traditional one-dimensional bar code is an index code, which must be contacted with the database in real time to find complete description data from the database.
The limitations of barcodes are as follows:
Information identification is static
Information recognition is contact
Information capacity is limited
Cannot give each consumer unit a unique identity
Data storage, calculation is centralized
2D barcode only solves the problem of information identification capacity
The EAN.UCC bar code identification system plays an important role in retail settlement and inventory management, but there are several shortcomings in the supply chain:
(1) There is no real “one thing, one code”: the management of each product is not in place, and real-time tracking of products cannot be realized;
(2) The traditional EDI method is not easy to promote due to cost and technical reasons, and it is necessary to develop an Internet-based EDI standard;
(3) There is no classification and attribute information; applications such as classification query and statistics cannot be implemented, and applications in e-commerce are limited.
In short, bar codes can only be applied to the circulation field (information management of business flow and logistics), and cannot transparently track and penetrate the supply chain process.
1.2 RFID identification technology and its superiority
RFID is essentially a means of item identification, and it is believed to eventually replace the traditionally widely used bar code, which is the most effective way to identify items. It has some very obvious advantages. Bar code and RFID function comparison, in the label information capacity size, the number of readings, the reading distance, the reading and writing ability update (tag information can be read and written repeatedly R / W), read convenience (read speed and high speed) Mobile reading), adaptability (all-round penetrating reading, readable in harsh environments, all-weather work) are much better than barcodes. RFID technology has good functional characteristics and can meet the high efficiency requirements of commodity processing for current social and economic development. As the basis for high-tech and information standardization of fast, real-time and accurate collection and processing of information, radio frequency identification technology is uniquely identified by physical objects (including retail goods, logistics units, containers, freight packaging, production parts, etc.). Widely used in production, retail, logistics, transportation and other industries. RFID technology has gradually become an indispensable technical tool and means for enterprises to improve the management level of logistics supply chain, reduce costs, realize enterprise management informationization, and enhance the core competitiveness of enterprises.
Compared with bar code technology, Radio Frequency IdenTIficaTIon is an emerging automatic identification technology. The radio frequency identification system uses the radio frequency tag to carry information, and the non-contact two-way communication between the radio frequency tag and the reader through induction, radio wave or microwave energy achieves the purpose of automatic identification. RFID technology is a very effective technology to realize the tracking of goods in the logistics process.
The most prominent features of RFID technology are:
(1) It can be read without contact, and the distance can be from ten centimeters to several tens of meters;
(2) can recognize high-speed moving objects;
(3) Resistant to harsh environments;
(4) Strong confidentiality;
(5) Multiple recognition objects and the like can be identified at the same time.
- How Does The Baggage Sorting Of The...
- Talking About The Development Of RF...
- Interpretation Of RFID Container Tr...
- Analysis On The Management Of RFID ...
- RFID Technology Applications | Medi...
- The Quality Of The Label Printer Is...
- Northern Bar Code Printer Installat...
- Bar Code
- Cosmetic Label Material Selection
- Analysis Of Self - Adhesive Label M...
- What Are The Four Main Characterist...
- Auto Parts Storage RFID Technology
- Misunderstanding Of The Internet Of...
- The Application Of RFID Technology ...
- Design And Analysis Of Library-base...
- RFID And Transportation System
- UHF Tag Detection Solution
- RFID Application In Traffic Tools
- Application Of RFID Technology In S...
- RFID-based Vehicle Access Managemen...